The District #34 2017-18 School Year The 2017-18 District #34 Calendar is available as a PDF here. This handy one-page calendar identifies all student-attendance days and which days school will not be in session.
Springman Middle School will provide an excellent middle school educational program that
- instills high expectations
- develops the knowledge and skills necessary for successful individual achievement and lifelong learning
- connects learning to life
- fosters partnerships with family and community
- shapes caring and ethical citizens
Springman Middle School is a high-performing school that is responsive to the developmental needs of young adolescents as they make the transition between childhood and adolescence. While holding high expectations for all students' academic achievement, teachers are careful to see that instructional strategies are appropriate to adolescent learners.
As a Middle School, Springman is characterized by a(n)
- philosophy based on the unique needs and characteristics of the young adolescent;
- team of educators knowledgeable about and committed to the young adolescent;
- interdisciplinary team organization;
- flexible block schedule;
- positive and collaborative school climate;
- physical plant where teams are housed together for classes and large areas for full team sessions;
- emphasis on tech use of higher-order thinking skills and hands-on instructional strategies; and
- commitment to regular involvement of families in the education of young adolescents by keeping them informed of student progress and school programs and by giving them meaningful roles in the schooling process.