1 to 1 Learning Support
Below are resources which will help you to support your student(s) in using the iPad successfully for learning. These resources will help you gain an understanding of how the iPad is utilized in the classroom, as well as resources which will allow you to learn about basic troubleshooting steps to help your student(s).
- All middle school students in Glenview 34 participate in a start-up program called "iSucceed". This program focuses on increasing their digital literacy and organization, Internet Safety, protecting their Digital Footprint, and growing in Digital Citizenship, among other skills. Students begin the year with three introductory levels and will be provided more levels throughout the year to further develop their skills and understanding.
- Parent Resources: From how to use the iPad, to FAQs, to student examples
- Schoology Parent Guide
- Parent Resources for the Connected Tween: Resources to help you understand current "Tween" tech trends, help your student become a responsible digital citizen, and resources to help you establish guidelines for technology use at home.
- Basic iPad Troubleshooting Tips: The basic guide to setting up your WiFi at home as well as simple troubleshooting steps.
- Video Tutorial on how to login to the district filter at home.
- Advanced Troubleshooting Guide to WiFi at Home: The advanced guide to troubleshooting any WiFi issues you may be experiencing at home, with your District 34 device.
- Check out the Attea and Springman Student Tech Support Center, where students can find tutorials, our student help desk, and other technology support resources.